Friday 23 May 2008

Turn the Page

Read Foundation's Edge by Issac Asimov last week. This is my first novel of Foundation Series.
Last week when i was going home I decided to take a book along, And as my Friend Gaurav is a big fan of Asimov, decided to give it a shot. I am not a Foundation literate so did not know that Foundation's edge is actually the 4th book the series, when I came to know abt this I was really disappointed because of the fear of not appreciating the full story. But it turned out to be not exactly true as the book makes a good sense to a new user as well.
The best part of the book apart from the plot is its conversations between different characters, when they talk about stars their types, anti matter, galactic hyper space. All this is very fascinating.
The only problem with the book is sometimes it becomes too heavy about the mental abilities. Especially the concept of Gaia is really hard to digest but the writer has really tried it best to make it digestible by giving great analogies.

All in all a good book and I am looking forward to read more of this series...

No comments: